This weekend we went out for dinner so celebrate us moving in together, most of the stuff is done so we wanted to celebrate. So we went out for dinner at a ‘fancy’ restaurant in Breda. Well, that was a disappointment. Although we told them I was a vegan upfront, it didn’t seem like they actually put in the effort to create a well-balanced nutritious meal for me. By the end of the evening I thought: I could use a sandwich…
And I’m not a person who eats large portions.
SO yeah, you know what.. that made me realise how much I love vegan cooking. Vegan cooking isn’t about just eating a salad or eating processed meatreplacements. It’s about the kind of food I’m posting a lot. Food that can be enjoyed by everyone and you don’t get too much processed food. So, yay me!!
What do you need (1 serving)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 25 gr. of dry lentil
- 150 ml of water
- 250 gr. of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon of kurkurma
- 1/4 teaspoon of cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 150 gr. of sugar snaps
- half a green pepper
- 1 tablespoon of soy salt (low sodium)
- Fry the garlic and shallot in a frying pan with some oil for a few minutes. Add the lentils and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the water, bring to a boil and cover with a lit. Leave to simmer until the lentils are cooked and most of the water has evaporated.
- Cut tomatoes into pieces and add these together with the spices to the lentil. Warm for another 5 minutes until everything is nice and fragrant.
- In a different pan, heat some oil and fry for a few minutes, add the soy sauce a stir for another few minutes.
- Serve with rice and the lentils