Happy Spring!!! Yet, the current weather doesn’t feel like spring at all. So I was actually feeling like autumn food. The original recipe wanted me to put this in the oven for 30 minutes or so, but since it was already late when I started cooking I wasn’t feeling up for that. So this is sort of the lazy version, which makes it better for work nights anyway 😛
What do you need (2 servings)
- 200 gr. of Parsnip
- 300 gr. of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 cup of plant-based milk
- 15 gr. of nutritional yeast
- 1 red onion
- vegan butter
- Cut onion into rings, the parsnip into 1/2 cm cubes and the mushrooms into quarters (depending on size).
- Boil pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the parsnip and onion for a few minutes until soft (5-7 minutes). Meanwhile, mix the milk and yeast to make the ‘cheesy’ sauce.
- When the parsnip and onion are soft add the mushrooms and the sauce. Leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix with pasta, transfer to a plate and sprinkle some parsley on top.
Since the Mr. is gone for a birthday tonight, I’m gonna put on my pj’s and watch the new Walking Dead.