When I think about the best gift I ever got I think about what I did for myself once. When I was 24 I decided to move to Utrecht to get my teachers degree. Although I’m not using the actual degree anymore I’m looking back at that period as a gift, yet if you asked me during that time I might not have agreed.
Things I’ve learned during that time:
- Learning to take care of myself and not to rely on my mom for support
- Getting by without a lot of money
- Learning to cook a week of healthy food on 10 euro’s (stock on canned food and stuff like pasta and rice)
- That I have ADHD
- That having ADHD doesn’t mean you can’t succeed in life
- That I study best by listening to the stuff I need to learn
- How to live with people you don’t have an emotional relationship with (aka roommates)
- That roommates suck
- That roommates can be awesome!!
- That wardrobes can fly
So, the best gift I ever got wasn’t an actual gift, it was an experience…
Every week I write a post about a subject from the #30dayblogchallenge my HareMaristeit. Read all my other posts here