So, last Sunday temperatures went up sky-high (compared to how the rest of the week would turn out to be). So, to enjoy our new balcony we decided we wanted to have dinner outside no matter what. Since we don’t have any furniture for out balcony yet we ended up using the outside bench I brought from my old home and using an old blanked to sit on. For me it wasn’t to bad, the Mr. had a bit more trouble. So that looked sort of like this 😛
Might not be perfect, but it worked out fine!!
Since I bought the Mr. spareribs the day before because of the support he’s been giving me the last two weeks I needed something ‘ light’. Of course, they did have a ‘vegan’ option (they claimed they didn’t bake in butter, my stomach disagrees). So I made this lukewarm salad with fake chicken. I’m still not a fan of meat replacements, but sometimes the more natural options just don’t seem to work.
What do you need (2 servings)
- 100 gr. of rice noodles
- 80 gr. of mock chicken (or real)
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 200 gr. of sugarsnaps
- 125 gr. of tauge
- 25 gr. of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- lemon juice
- Chilli flakes
- Spices for chicken: ginger, pepper, thyme, paprika, basil, garlic
- Mix chicken with spices and a little bit of oil if the mock chicken is a bit dry. Fry in some oil until brown and crispy.
- Steam the sugarsnaps for about 5 minutes and cook the noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Cut the cucumber in half, and cut into matchstick shaped pieces.
- Mix peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lemon juice and chilli flakes until you have a nice dressing.
- optional when eating outside: put everything into small trays so you can build your own salad.
- Put the noodles in first, add veggies, chicken and sprinkle some of the dressing on top.
Of course, you can also add other vegetables like radish or some paprika or any other kind. I wanted to keep it simple.