Sometimes I want to do something special for breakfast. Of course, I just had oatmeal (sort of different) so I wanted to make the Mr. something special. So instead of him having some bread of breakfast cereal for breakfast I made him pancakes.
I have made pancakes for breakfast before and I know there are healthier versions of pancakes. Usually when I make pancakes I add baking powder and/or soda for fluffiness, but then I realised there are other ways to add more ‘fluffiness’ to food, by adding apple cider vinegar.
Again, to make these nice and round use a ice-cream spoon like this.
What do you need (5-6 pancakes)
- 100 gr. of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1,5 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml of almond milk
- dash of cinnamon.
- Put all the dry ingredients together and mix them well.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. You might want to add the milk in parts, just until the batter had the perfect consistency. You want it to be runny, but not to runny.
- If you are like me and you have a pancake-pan use that, but a normal frying pan will do just as well.
- Add a little vegan butter (don’t do anything silly with water or oil here, butter is the way to go!) and add little batches of the batter. Bake until brown and flip. Fry the other side until nice and brown. While you are baking, you should be able to see them fluff up.
Serve with fruit, plant-based yogurt, or even some vegan Nutella or peanut butter. The Mr. had them with agave and normal Nutella. How is that for a Sunday breakfast