Monday!! Schoolbreaks are over so that means I have actually something to do again at work. Which is good, since I was already starting to bore myself. Now it’s 8 more weeks until the big boredom begins a.k.a. summer break. So for the time being I’ll enjoy myself again with fun incidents and a number of busy weekends coming up.
This weekend marked the first, with a D&D-session on Saturday and a visit from friends + their two boys on Sunday. Both of them where very fun! Also the fun talk of explaining a 4-year old why I don’t eat meat. I’m not sure he totally understood, but I guess he was ok with it. Love that kid!!
During that visit Parsnips where a topic on conversation, so I was reminded of the fact that I still had a recipe lined up for posting. So I hope you’ll enjoy this one….
What do you need (2 servings)
- 1 can of chickpea’s
- 1 clove of garlic
- 350 gr. of parsnip
- 200 gr. of kale
- 1 cup of vegan yoghurt
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- curry powder
- Cook rice according to directions on the package.
- Cut the onion into small pieces. Peel the parsnip and cut into 1 cm long pieces.
- Heat some oil into a wok, add the garlic, onion, cinnamon, ginger and parsnip and bake for a few minute. Add the vegetable stock and leave to simmer until most of the liquid is gone and the parsnip is done.
- Add chickpeas’ and kale and add some pepper and salt. Leave to warm for a few minutes while you make the yoghurt curry sauce.
- Mix the yogurt and the curry powder. I used about a tablespoon, but it really depends on taste. Mix with the vegetables.
- Mix with the rice and divide unto plates..