Bleh, yesterday we went out for dinner with my parents, my brother and my Mr’s sister and brother-in-law. We had a nice evening, but I ended up getting sick during the night. Since our interwebzzz is still broken I couldn’t work from home so I took the day off (I wasn’t feeling sick enough to call in sick).
So I spend the day watching TLC (really, I can’t handle any more wedding dresses or births anymore) and working on my dress and PRINCE2-excam. But I can’t wait to go back to work again tomorrow. For now, I’m going to finish my dress, cook the Mr. dinner and tonight we’re going to watch X-men 3…
What do you need (2 servings)
- 450 gr. of small (pre-cooked) potatoes
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- If you used normal potatoes cut them into pieces and cook until they are starting to get tender, but they shouldn’t fall apart. Drain and leave to cook
- Put a saucepan on low heat for your sauce. Chop onion into small pieces and fry with a little bit of oil. Add chilli flakes, garlic and thyme and cook for a few minutes. Add tomatoes, red wine vinegar and a good pinch of pepper and salt. Leave to simmer for about 10-15 minutes until you get a nice thick sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat some vegan butter in a frying pan and add the potatoes. Fry on medium-high heat until the edges start to brown. Add rosemary and paprika powder.
- When the potatoes are starting to get nice and brown, add the sauce and stir until the potatoes are completely covered in the sauce.
I served these some spinach, red bell peppers and some oven baked chickpeas’. Simple, yet tasty!