Yesterday was supposed to be a great day, temperatures where above 25+ degrees and everything seemed to be going smooth. Until I drove to my parents for dinner and the volunteer work my mom and me do every two weeks (swimming with 2 people who have Down Syndrome, one of them being my aunt). Yet, about 10 km’s before the end of my trip, my car broke down. Nothing to serious, I can pick it up again today. But still, it kinda broke my heart a bit to see that little red Toyota being picked up like this.
And yes, I might not be to materialistic, but I could get used to the temp car I have now. Mostly because it’s more comfortable and better suited for my long commute compared to my own car. But I can’t afford this car (13k+ for a second hand), so I’m gonna enjoy this one while I can and return to my trusty companion tonight.
But of course, you don’t read my blog to read about my car… at least.. I hope not. So here is today’s recipe!! A vegan quiche.. I tried making one before but I didn’t like that. This one with tofu was so much better. My Mr., who doesn’t like the taste of nutritional yeast actually really liked this. So I hope you like it as well.
What do you need (2 servings)
- 90 gr. of flour
- 12 gr. of flaxseeds
- 40 ml of water
- 15 gr. of vegan butter
- Italian herbs
- paprika powder
- 1-2 onions (depending on size)
- 200 gr. of mushrooms
- 200 gr. of broccoli
- 100 gr. of tofu
- 15 gr. of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- fresh basil
- pepper/salt/chilli flakes
- Start by making the crust for your quiche by mixing the ingredients for the crust. Roll out thinly and bake for about 7 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius. Don’t forget to poke a few holes 😛
- Cut onion and mushrooms into pieces and take apart the broccoli until you have small florets. Otherwise you’re tofu sauce will not spread propperly.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the vegetables. Bake until everything is soft.
- In a blender, mix tofu (not drained), nutritional yeast, oregano, basil, pepper, salt and chilli flakes. Add some water if the mixture is a bit thick.
- Take the crust from the oven and transfer the vegetables and cover with the tofu-sauce. Garnish with some flakes.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes.