Okay, today is one of those day that nothing happens at work. We had a national holiday yesterday and that means a lot of people have a day off today. Both at my office and at our customers. So I think we had about 4 phone calls, one of them being an actual customer.
So I pretty much spend the day going through some PRINCE2-stuff, put together a quotation for a project we’re doing and spend the rest of the afternoon working on my new reenactment dress (more about that later). Tonight I’ll be doing something easy for dinner. But I made this earlier this week.
Yes, beets might not seem like a ‘summer/spring’-food, but combines with some beans and roasted chickpeas’ it make for a nice salad.
What do you need (2 servings)
- 250 gr. of cooked quinoa
- 200 gr. of green beans
- 400 gr. of red beets
- 150 gr. of celery
- 1 can of chick pea’s
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Chilli flakes
- 30 ml of tahin
- 20 ml of lemon juice
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Cut the beets into large pieces and mix with the chickpeas’, sprinkle a little bit of oil on top and add some chilli flakes and pepper. Put these in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Cut the garlic and onion into small pieces and fry in a wok with a little bit of oil. Add the green beans and celery and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Mix Tahin, lemon juice and water and add pepper to taste.
- Spoon the quinoa onto plates, add the beans, beats and chickpeas’. Spoon some of the Tahin sauce on top and add a little bit of cilantro.